Sammelband containing the following five ecclesiastical works, “Other Pieces on Infant Baptism by Kaye, Carter, Geree, Crofton, &c.,” and “others … in 1 vol.”
- Newcomen, Matthew. Irenicum, or, An essay towards a brotherly peace & union, between those of the congregational and presbyterian way (London, 1659) ESTC R202985.
- Burton, Henry. A vindication of churches commonly called Independent, or, A briefe ansvver to two books, the one intituled, Twelve considerable serious questions touching church-government, the other, Independency examined, unmasked, refuted, &c. Both lately published by William Prinne, of Lincolnes-Inne, Esquire (London, 1644) ESTC R21818, R20892, or R1340.
- The English Presbyterian and Independent reconciled : setting forth the small ground of difference between them both, therin clearing the mis-understandings between the English and the Scots, as which nation hath broken the Covenant each with other (London, 1651) ESTC R206482.
- Carter, William. The covenant of God with Abraham, opened : wherein I. The duty of infant-baptism is cleared. II. Something added concerning the Sabbath, and the nature and increase of the kingdome of Christ (London, 1654) ESTC R207606.
- Cotton, John. An abstract of laws and government : wherein as in a mirrour may be seen the wisdome & perfection of the government of Christs kingdome (London, 1655) ESTC R23786.
Sotheby’s 1856 lot 250.
Unlocated. It is possible that this text belonged to one of Wolfreston’s sons, Stanford or Francis Wolferstan, given their keener interests in matters ecclesiastical.