Sammelband containing the following five ecclesiastical works and “others by Sclater, Cawdray, Bray, &c.”
- James, William. A sermon preached at Paules Crosse the IX. of Nouember, 1589 (London, 1590) ESTC S122045.
- Bernard, Nicholas. The penitent death of a woefull sinner, or, The penitent death of John Atherton executed at Dublin the 5 of December 1640 : with some annotations upon severall passages in it (London, 1641) ESTC R2358.
- Shute, Nathaniel. Corona charitatis = The crowne of charitie : a sermon preacht in Mercers Chappell, May 10 1625 at the solemne funerals of his euer-renowmed friend, of precious memory, the mirroir of charitie, Mr. Richard Fishburne, merchant, and now consecrated as an anniuersary to his fame (London, 1626) ESTC S117282.
- Williams, John. Great Britains Salomon : a sermon preached at the magnificent funerall, of the most high and mighty king, Iames, the late King of Great Britaine, France, and Ireland, defender of the faith, &c. : at the Collegiat Church of Saint Peter at Westminster, the seuenth of May 1625 (London, 1625) ESTC S120058 or S120075.
- Hakewill, George. A comparison betweene the dayes of Purim and that of the Powder treason for the better continuance of the memory of it, and the stirring up of mens affections to a more zealous observation thereof (London, 1626) ESTC S103633.
Sotheby’s 1856 lot 347.
Unlocated. It is possible that this text belonged to one of Wolfreston’s sons, Stanford or Francis Wolferstan, given their keener interests in matters ecclesiastical.